*Disclaimer: We're probably going through with the FET regardless of how much this post may weigh in the opposite direction. Please be sensitive to that in your comments. I want to hear your opinions but I just want you to be sensitive. Thanks!*
Mostly, I'm scared. I'm scared to have another baby (or two more babies!) I'm scared that I won't be able to handle parenting another child. I'm already scared to death that I'm ruining Gavin on a daily basis. I'm scared that it won't work. I'm scared that it will work and I'll miscarry. I'm scared of being pregnant while having a small child. I'm scared!!!
Most of the time I just need to write it all out. It may not solve the problem (aka calm the voices in my head) but it helps...somehow.
Reasons I want to do the FET now (in no particular order):
- I'd rather put the $650 embryo storage fees towards the actual FET costs
- I really want G to have a sibling close in age
- I feel like I'm running out of childbearing years
- I worry that I will actually get pregnant naturally again and we'll never want to use our frozen embabies. I will not have them destroyed!
- I should be pregnant now!!! (I'm pretty sure this is the main reason for wanting to do the FET now)
- SIL is going to start TTC #2 soon and I know it'll kill me to see her pregnant
- One child is plenty of work!
- I'm scared to death of that newborn stage (not to mention, D.E.L.I.V.E.R.Y.) again
- I finally have G on such an awesome schedule, do I really really want to upset the peace (Funny, I had this same thought about TTC #1, I was worried a baby would upset the balance in our marriage)
- We really don't have space for another baby
- Will G feel neglected with a new baby in the house? (The thought of this is almost enough reason to cancel right now)